Most Active Stories
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Wyoming-Based Environmental Group Disbands
Best of Wyoming
Tue September 18, 2012
Weidner Wildlife Museum – Rock Springs
The Weidner Wildlife Museum opened in September 2002 and houses nearly 125 species of wildlife collected worldwide. This fascinating display of mounted wildlife entertains and educates visitors, excites hunters and often motivates interest in the conservation of outdoor resources. The wildlife in the museum was donated to Western Wyoming Community College in Rock Springs by residents, Roger A. and Jeanne A Weidner. Education is the most important reason that the museum displays mounted wildlife. The Wildlife Museum is open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 – 4 p.m., closed WWCC holidays. No admission charge.
Please visit http://www.wwcc.wy.edu/visit/wildlife.htmfor additional information.