Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Best of Wyoming
Thu August 2, 2012
Welcome to Listeners in Evanston!
If you’re driving on Interstate 80, Evanston is either the first or last stop in Wyoming, depends on your direction. It’s a well-traveled route, going all the way back to the 1860’s when travelers gravitated toward the safer southern portion of our state and made Evanston a “destination.” Today Evanston remains a destination, but for much more than just a convenient stop. It’s a city of historic and cultural wealth, and at the intersection of Wyoming and Utah culture. This month Best of Wyoming starts a journey through southern Wyoming, and what better place to start than Evanston! I hope that you will join us on this route that so many travelers take today. To make their trip easier, Wyoming Public Media offers its Wyoming Public Radio service in southern Wyoming starting in Evanston on 89.7 and on through Cheyenne. Here are just a few of the places on your radio dial where you can find us:
Green River & Rock Springs – 90.5 Rawlins & Saratoga – 89.9 Laramie & Cheyenne – 91.9
Evanston is full of local lore! If you know anyone who can tell the “Evanston story,” let us know. We’d love to include a bit of history on the pages of Best of Wyoming.
Wyoming Public Media