Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
Best of Wyoming
Mon September 17, 2012
Welcome to Listeners in Rock Springs!
I first visited Rock Springs last summer and got a wonderful history of the city from out hosts, Mike and Lynne Chadey. They touted the history of Rock Springs, and pointed out some of the landmarks that helped shape the area’s culture. I was struck by the diversity found in Rock Springs, and enjoyed hearing about the abundance of ethnic influences. My stay in Rock Springs included a visit to Western Wyoming Community College and a tour of the majestic facilities built for the enhancement of education for students in the area. Granted, this was a short stay in Rock Springs, but it left a strong impression and I hope to continue the tour.
Rock Springs has so much to offer by way of history. I hope that residents in the area take advantage of WPM’s new program featuring interviews with long-time Wyomingites. If you have a bit of Rock Springs history to share, or know someone who does, please don’t hesitate to let us know. WPM is interested in preserving the stories of Wyoming!