Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Best of Wyoming
Tue September 3, 2013
Wood River Valley Ski Touring Park – Meeteetse
Wood River Valley Ski Touring Park is located 22 miles southwest of Meeteetse, Wyoming offering the touring enthusiast the opportunity to be part of a spectacular mountain area in the Shoshone National Forest.
The Wood River Valley Ski Touring Park has 25 kilometers of groomed trails, ranging from the scenic and gentle South Fork Trail to the thrilling Brown Creek Trail as well as back country trails. The park features a warming hut at the trail head equipped with tables, stools, maps, and a wood stove.
Cross country ski rentals are available as well as an overnight cabin. Advanced reservations are required and may be made by calling the Meeteetse Recreation District.
The park is open for use 7 days a week during the ski season. There is no fee but donations are appreciated to help with the maintenance of the trails. Skiing Wood River Valley affords unique opportunities to photograph view wildlife.
Maps are available of the Wood River Valley Ski Park.
Courtesy of http://www.meetrec.org/Wood-River-Valley-Ski-Park.html .
Please call John Fernandez at 307-868-2603 for information.