Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Wyoming Judicial Branch says there’s nothing left to cut.
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon July 2, 2012
WPR Wins 5 PRNDI Awards
Over the weekend, Wyoming Public Radio News won a station-record five national awards from Public Radio News Directors Incorporated. PRNDI recognizes excellence in Public Radio journalism across the country.
At Saturday's annual awards banquet recognizing the best news coverage in Public Radio. Wyoming Public Radio's Tristan Ahtone picked up first- and second- place awards for best investigative journalism and a first place award for best soft feature story.
Open Spaces won the first place award for best news and public affairs program in the country. WPR also received a second place best writing award for a story written by former reporter Molly Messick.
Wyoming Public Radio News Director Bob Beck says that he is thrilled with the awards. he says they reward the great work and long hours that go into each feature story and program.