Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri May 11, 2012
WY 130 to open early
Wyoming Highway 130 between Saratoga and Centennial could open two weeks early this year because of mind winter weather.
The Wyoming Department of Transportation is working to remove remaining ice and snow. Tim McGary is WYDOT’s district maintenance engineer for Southeast Wyoming.
“We’ve had significantly less snow up there – in a lot of places less than 50 percent of the normal snowpack – so we have had to use a lot less equipment and we started earlier because a lot of the road was already bare.”
McGary says the goal is usually to open the road by Memorial Day, but Wyoming-130 could open as soon as Monday. McGary cautions motorists that late spring storms could still compromise the roadway.