Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Wyoming-Based Environmental Group Disbands
Sun December 1, 2013
Wyoming fires Football Coach Dave Christensen
After five seasons Wyoming football coach Dave Christensen has been fired. Christensen had 27 wins and 35 losses in his tenure and his teams were only 16 and 23 in the Mountain West Conference. He did take Wyoming to two bowl games, winning one. The last appearance was in 2011.
U-W Athletics Director Tom Burman said the football program“ has not achieved at the level of success we expect.”
Burman said that Wyoming Football has been successful in the past and he believes the team can achieve great success in the future. He is conducting a national search to find a replacement.
Wyoming will have to spend 570-thousand dollars to pay off the remainder of Christensen’s contract. Wyoming started this season four and two, but struggled down the stretch losing five of its last six games.