Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Mon December 19, 2011
Wyoming football coach will sign a five year extension
University of Wyoming coach Dave Christensen says he has agreed in principle to a new, five-year
contract. Christensen and athletic director Tom Burman confirmed the agreement Saturday, the day the Cowboys were beaten by Temple 37-15 in the New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque, N.M.
Burman said that Christensen would get a substantial raise. No other details of
the pending contract were announced. Burman says he expects the contract to be finalized this week.
Christensen is 18-20 in three seasons at Wyoming. The Cowboys have played in the New Mexico Bowl in two of those three years. He was named the Mountain West Coach of the Year this season
after leading the Cowboys to a third-place finish and a 5-2 conference record. Wyoming was 8-5 overall.