Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri September 14, 2012
Wyoming Health Dept. seeks volunteer medical professionals
The Wyoming Department of Health is looking for medical professionals to volunteer for the Medical Reserve Corps.
The Health Department’s Angelyn Mayes says Medical Reserve Corps volunteers do a variety of things to help local emergency responders: “A lot of them are used for fire rehab for the firefighters. We have some that assist with mental health for emergencies, when there are a lot of people that have some mental health issues from trauma or different things like that.”
Mayes says the volunteers can also help out after major disasters, when hospital staff may be overwhelmed.
The Medical Reserve Corps currently operates in three Wyoming counties, and they’re hoping to expand it to other areas.