Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Mon November 26, 2012
Wyoming judge to hear arguments in Y Cross suit
Two university foundations have asked a judge to dismiss a lawsuit that is holding up their plans to sell a ranch.
Laramie County District Judge Thomas Campbell is scheduled to hear arguments in the dismissal request Tuesday.
Amy Davis donated the Y Cross Ranch to the University of Wyoming Foundation and Colorado State University Research Foundation in 1997. She filed suit in September, saying the two foundations haven't honored her intent that they use the ranch as a site for hands-on teaching.
University officials say the 50,000-acre ranch between Cheyenne and Laramie hasn't been a good place to teach agriculture students, and that the sale will honor Davis' gift by funding scholarships.
The foundations intended to sell the ranch this month but postponed the sale until the lawsuit is resolved.