Most Active Stories
- What Are The Most Common Mispronunciations Of Places In Wyoming?
- Yellowstone Super Volcano Even Bigger Than Previously Thought
- In Cheyenne, Police Adapt Surplus Military Vehicles For Use At Home
- Why Is It So Hard To Study The Public Health Effects Of Oil And Gas Development?
- Landowners Connect To Negotiate With Pipeline Companies
Fri March 21, 2014
Wyoming Stories: Curt Artery On Working With Cattle And Their Horns
Like his dad and two uncles, Curt Artery is a rancher. His involvement in rodeos gave him the idea of raising Corriente cattle—the cattle used for team roping. Curt learned to make black powder horns as a young man. Later, after thinking about the Corriente horns that would otherwise go to waste on his ranching operation, he began using them to craft jewelry and other decorative items. WPM listener Georgia Wier spoke with Artery.