Background on the storyteller:
- Were you born in WY? If so, where/when… If not, how/when did you end up in WY?
- What was your childhood like?
- Who were your favorite relatives? Do you remember any of the stories they used to tell?
- What were your parents like? Grandparents?
- What is your best memory of childhood? Worst?
- How would you describe a perfect day when you were young?
- What traditions have been passed down in your families?
- What are your memories of grade school / high school…?
- Was there a teacher who had a particularly strong influence on your life?
- How did you meet your husband/wife?
- What was life like when you were first starting out?
- What were the best times? What were the most difficult times?
- What lessons has your work life taught you?
- Were you in the military? What would you like to share about that time in your life?
- Who has been the most important person (or has had the biggest influence) in your life? What can you tell me about him or her?
- What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
- What are you proudest of in your life?
- How would you like to be remembered?
- Is there a message you’d like to be remembered?
- Is there a message you’d like to leave for your children or future generations to come?
Wyoming and Ranching / Farming / Historical Site:
- What is your earliest/favorite memory of this site?
- What has changed on your family ranch or farm since your childhood?
- What changes are for the good and what changes do you feel are not for the best?
- What are your proudest of – or most passionate about related to your operation?
- What do you think the future holds for your land?
- What advice would you give to the next generation of Ag producers in the State?
- What else would you like to share with me about your life on the ranch/farm?