Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed June 6, 2012
Y Cross Ranch is up for sale
The presidents of the University of Wyoming and Colorado State University have reaffirmed plans to sell a 50,000-acre ranch in southeast Wyoming.
The University of Wyoming Foundation and Colorado State
University Research Foundation have jointly owned the Y Cross Ranch
UW President Tom Buchanan and CSU President Tony Frank met and
decided this week to move ahead with selling the ranch by sealed
bid, possibly later this year.
The woman who gave the ranch to the two schools, Denver
philanthropist Amy Davis, has expressed regret that she donated the
property, saying the gift hasn't seen enough use for hands-on
Colorado State spokeswoman Emily Wilmsen says proceeds from the
sale will help to fund scholarships in accordance with the gift