Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Mon February 27, 2012
Americans Elect gains spot on Wyoming ballot
A group trying to mount a novel third-party presidential campaign has gained a spot on the Wyoming general election ballot.
Secretary of State Max Maxfield announced Monday that the Americans Elect party gathered enough signatures of registered voters in the state to be added to the November ballot.
Americans Elect needed 3,740 signatures to gain ballot access as a provisional party. The organization submitted more than 7,000 signatures.
The Republican and Democratic parties will be listed on both the primary and general election ballots.
The Libertarian Party and Americans Elect will only appear on the November ballot since they nominate their candidates by convention and not by primary.
Americans Elect is an online effort that seeks to choose a presidential candidate in a process that includes a virtual convention.