Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Wed March 13, 2013
Casper City Council considers repealing or changing smoking ban
Next month the Casper City Council will vote to remove or change the city’s smoking ban. At the very least, councilors are considering exempting bars, health care facilities, and private clubs from the ban.
The smoking ban was implanted last summer.
Anna Edwards of the group Smokefree Natrona County says her group will fight to keep the ban in place. She says they are trying to protect the health of a lot of people, including employees.
“One of our biggest concerns is that the employees in these businesses that may no longer be protected by the smoking ordinance, their health is not being taken into consideration at all,” Edwards said.
Edwards says the group is considering a public referendum if the ban is changed.