Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri November 22, 2013
Cowboys wrestling team looks to continue early season success
The University of Wyoming wrestling team is undefeated after its close win over Boise State last week.
The Pokes have also competed in two open tournaments this month, both times producing at least six champions.
Wyoming is currently the top ranked team in the conference.
The team is young, starting four freshmen and no seniors. But head coach Mark Branch says that the high level of competition his team will face will force them to develop quickly. Branch says the biggest potential obstacle to the team winning its fifth consecutive conference championship is injury. “We’re very thin in the lightweights, and we’ve already had some significant injuries there,” says Branch. “I mean that’s the hardest thing right now, especially with the level of competition that we’re wrestling, is just staying healthy”
The team will face the Minnesota Golden Gophers this Sunday in Minneapolis.