Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri October 4, 2013
An inside look at harnessing the wind
On a recent Saturday, about 50 people gathered in Laramie for a day-long renewable energy tour. Put on by Rocky Mountain Power, it included talks and presentations by industry and academics, but the highlight was a visit to the 66-turbine High Plains wind farm, near Rock River.
Wyoming Public Radio’s Stephanie Joyce joined the tour, and brings us this postcard from the inside of a wind turbine.