Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Thu December 29, 2011
Laramie police search for armed bank robber
Police are searching for a man who robbed a Laramie bank at gunpoint Wednesday afternoon.
A bearded man wearing a black cowboy hat and wielding a chrome or silver-colored pistol robbed the First National Bank on Grand Avenue before leaving on foot.
Laramie Police Commander Mitchell Cushman said it was a low-key robbery. No one was injured, and some people in the bank didn’t even realize it was happening.
Cushman says that’s not the work of a nervous amateur.
“He didn’t reveal any type of facials by looking upwards into the cameras. And so, part of his disguise, with the hat, blocked a lot of his features and so I would think that he’s practiced.”
Cushman says the man was about 40 years old, six-feet-tall and was thought to be driving a dark-colored PT Cruiser.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts should call Laramie Police at 721-2526.