Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Mon August 22, 2011
The Poor Better Off 15 Years After Welfare Reform?
President Bill Clinton signed a historic overhaul of the nation's welfare system into law on Aug. 22, 1996. Now, some states are seeing drops in welfare cases even as the the U.S.' unemployment rate spiked. That's according to a new Urban Institute report. Host Michel Martin explores the past and present state of welfare with activist Barbara Ehrenreich and former RNC Chairman Michael Steele.