Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed November 9, 2011
Powder River Basin Coal, from Wyoming to China
Listen to story
Wyoming’s Powder River Basin produces about 40% percent of all coal in the U-S. The coal goes to power plants all over the country, encompassing both coasts. Now, there are expansions being planned in the Basin. While domestic use decreases, industry seems confident that China may increase its imports of Wyoming coal. Irina Zhorov reports.