Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Hill Announces Intention To Resume Superintendent Duties
Lummis endorses Romney
Mon November 14, 2011
Rep. Lummis endorses Romney
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - Rep. Cynthia Lummis says she's endorsing Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney because she believes he's the best person to solve the nation's economic woes.
The Wyoming Republican appears to be the first prominent GOP state leader to publicly endorse a presidential candidate.
The endorsement by Lummis is important for Romney because Lummis embraces many tea party ideals. Other GOP presidential candidates, such as Michele Bachmann and Herman Cain, have been more identified
with the tea party movement.
But Lummis says Romney has the best plan to reduce the size and scope of the federal government.
University of Wyoming political science professor James King says it's hard to say whether Lummis' move will start a bandwagon effect on endorsements by other state GOP leaders.