Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Fri June 14, 2013
Rock Springs prepares for National High School Finals Rodeo
The city of Rock Springs is busy getting ready to host the National High School Finals Rodeo for the second year in a row.
Organizers say this year’s event will include students from 43 states as well as from high schools in Canada and Australia. Chad Banks is the marketing director for the Sweetwater Events Complex. He says while last year’s event was a big success for the community, there’s still some room for improvement.
“You know a lot of the groundwork was laid last year. So since this is our second year we’re revamping a few of the things that need adjusting. Especially working on signage, improving some of the systems that we had in place last year and those folks who didn’t come out last year I think heard a lot of good things about the rodeo, about the trade show. So I anticipate that we’ll see even more folks this year.”
Banks says Sweetwater County saw almost 8 million dollars in economic impact last year due to the rodeo and he expects to see an even bigger return this summer. The National High School Finals Rodeo takes place July 14th through the 20th in Rock Springs.