Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu September 13, 2012
Sheep Herder Hill Fire 50% Contained
The Sheep Herder Hill fire near Casper remains fifty percent contained. There are currently 354 people fighting the fire and evacuations remain in place. Public Information Officer, Susan Ford, says that at least 37 homes have been destroyed.
Ford says wet, colder weather has helped fire fighters with the blaze, but this weekend promises hot, dry conditions once again.
“We’ve got a line all the way around it. We’re working to make sure that that line is robust enough to withstand the test of 25-35 mile and hour winds. We’re trying to make as much progress as we can while the weather is favorable.”
The next community meeting will be Friday, at 5pm, in the City Council Chambers, in Casper.