Most Active Stories
- What Are The Most Common Mispronunciations Of Places In Wyoming?
- Yellowstone Super Volcano Even Bigger Than Previously Thought
- In Cheyenne, Police Adapt Surplus Military Vehicles For Use At Home
- Why Is It So Hard To Study The Public Health Effects Of Oil And Gas Development?
- Landowners Connect To Negotiate With Pipeline Companies
Thu May 8, 2014
Union Pacific Big Boy 4014 Arrives In Cheyenne
Big Boy No. 4014 was delivered to Union Pacific in December 1941. The locomotive was retired in December 1961, having traveled 1,031,205 miles in its 20 years in service.
The journey of Big Boy #up4014 is complete! Watch the arrival in Cheyenne below.
Big Boy 4014 traveled from Colton, California and arrived in Cheyenne on May 8th, where it will undergo restoration that is anticipated to take three to five years.