Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Thu March 22, 2012
Laramie now has two bluegrass jams going. The Bluegrass Jam at Coal Creek Coffee House happens the third Wednesday of every month from 7:00 till 10:00. (Hey, that’s March 21st.) Beginners are welcome. So bring your instrument or come to listen. The other Bluegrass Jam happens the first Thursday of the month at Night Heron Books on Ivinson Avenue in Laramie. Let me know if your community has a bluegrass/folk jam and we’ll get it posted.
This week’s Ranch Breakfast Show on March 24th will be “digging up the ol’ chestnuts” as David Lawson of Georgia Rose Bluegrass used to say. The songs will all be true “folk songs” that survived into bluegrass. There will be murder ballads, love songs, and tunes that people sang before there was radio. Join in on the fun and sing along Saturdays starting at 11:00.
The Ranch Breakfast Show on March 31st will have some real surprises in anticipation of April Fool’s Day. We’re calling the show “Now and Then There’s a Fool Such as I.” You’ll hear “Foolish Questions” and “A Fool’s Paradise” in addition to some crazy story songs. Send in your request for a “fool song” by e-mailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.