Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri August 12, 2011
Usher Who Took Foul Ball From Boy Was Only Joking, Say Dodgers
Imagine you're a kid — maybe 10-years-old. And you're at a Dodgers game sitting in a prime spot, behind home plate, close enough to hear the grunts of the umpire as deals verdicts on balls and strikes.
Then you hear the crack of a bat, you look up and there it is, your shot at a Major League foul ball. It lands near you, you scramble, you've got it. You're so happy, you jump to your seat clutching a ball that barely fits in your fist.
Then an usher walks by, takes it from your hands and walks away. That's what happened to a kid during a Phillies-Dodgers game and it was captured during the broadcast and has gone viral on the web:
Apparently the cameras cut to the field and the city of Los Angeles was left thinking an usher had left the poor little kid disappointed.
The usher took the ball as a joke and returned it to the boy just after the camera shot ended.
"It was all in good fun. Unfortunately, the video cuts away too quickly," Rawitch said. "Within seconds of him taking it away, he walked right back and gave it to him. Everyone ended up happy and smiling."