Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri September 13, 2013
UW Music Department announces Faculty Recital Series
The University of Wyoming music department’s fall faculty recital series begins this weekend.
Classical music is a mainstay throughout the series, starting Sunday, August 15 with Nicole Riner and Chi-Chen Wu on flute and piano. But other styles will get an airing too, particularly during October’s Faculty Showcase, where everything from jazz piano to Moldovan pan pipes will be heard.
Piano professor Dr. Theresa Bogard says the series is a chance to put UW’s music department on display.
“We really think it’s important to have the faculty show what they do, so people understand our research [and] creative activity.”
Bogard’s recital on September 20th takes a personal approach, highlighting pieces connected with her own piano mentors as well as pieces she’s exploring for the first time in concert. The faculty recital series runs most weekends through November.