Most Active Stories
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Wyoming-Based Environmental Group Disbands
Fri June 28, 2013
Wyoming gears up for adventure race
In July, Wyoming enters the world of adventure racing when the state hosts the Cameco and City of Casper Cowboy Tough Adventure Race. It’s a 3 ½-day race across the state that begins on July 18th.
The race covers over 300 miles and involves trekking, mountain biking, road biking, paddling, ropes, and other team challenges. Teams consist of two to four people who generally get very little sleep. While it includes serious racers, there will also be citizen events. Wyoming Public Radio’s Bob Beck spoke with Race Director Mike Spiller of Rev 3 Adventure, who says it’s a physically challenging event.